The Municipal Planning and Development Office provides technical assistance to the local government unit and its component barangays concerning planning and development matters.
1. Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the Municipal Development Council.
2. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of different development programs, projects and activities in the municipality in accordance with the approved development plan.
3. Prepare comprehensive plans and development planning documents for the consideration of the Municipal Development Council.
4. Analyze the income and expenditure patterns, and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the Municipal Finance Committee.
5. To provide skills trainings to Tanay residents to give them necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes in servicing and exercising their own talents