Office of the Sangguniang Bayan
2nd floor, Tanay Municipal Hall, Northwing Building
The function of the Sangguniang Bayan, as the Legislative Body of the Municipal Government, shall enact ordinances, approve resolutions and appropriate funds for the general welfare of the municipal and its inhabitants pursuant to Section 16 of RA 7160 and in proper exercise of the corporate powers of the municipality as provided for under Sec. 22 of RA 7160.
The Sangguniang Bayan have the following objectives:
- Approve ordinances and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective municipal government;
- Generate and maximize the use of resources and revenues for the development plans program objectives and priorities of the municipality;
- Grant franchises, enact ordinances authorizing the issuance of permits or licenses, or enact ordinances levying taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and for such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the municipality;
- Regulate activities relative to the use of land, buildings and structures within the municipality in order to promote its general welfare;
- Approve ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the basic services and facilities;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law.
SANGGUNIANG BAYAN MEMBERS 2022-2025